Re: No more Bugzilla for me

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com> wrote:
> > Yeah, me too, I couldn't live without Revelation now.
>
> You may want to  look at other options.  Upstream for revelation went
> completely dormant for several months, I almost orphaned it in Fedora
> but I was able to track down the lead developer who assured me I
> didn't need to fork the project to keep it moving forward.
> Distros have been collecting downstream patches for smallish bugs with
> upstream going MIA.
>
> I'm sort of concerned long term about its continued use of the older
> gnome-vfs apis instead of the new gvfs stuff.  And that's not
> something I want to carry as a downstream distro specific patch.  Once
> F11 is released, I'm going to take another look at upstream's
> integrity and go from there.

Like I was saying, something that uses the gnome-keyring infrastructure
would be nice. So that the DB can be shared with firefox (if it
supported gnome-keyring) and whatever else.

I guess basically it would be a gnome-keyring keyring editor with a
friendlier UI than the existing gnome-keyring-manager, that seems to
have disappeared from F11...

However it's nice that I can mirror my revelation DB onto a USB key, so
I can get at it in a pinch, can the gnome-keyring infrastructure manage
that? I have an encrypted 128mb USB stick that's dedicated to backing up
GPG keys and whatnot.