Pulseaudio breakage in F11

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 21:28:27 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 23.04.2009, 23:07 +0200 schrieb Lennart Poettering:

> And regarding Skype, ever thought of blaming Skype for this situation?

Yes, but there's not much use in it, because Skype is in trouble and
they wont spend work on their Linux version.

> The last time I played with Skype it was basically doing everything
> wrong they could do wrong with the ALSA API. It's not a particular
> surprise if it doesn' work on PA.

Agreed, but when I tell skype to use OSS, my CPU gets up to 50% and
there is an enormous delay between what I say and the reply from the
other person. The delay gets bigger and bigger and so does CPU, until PA
uses 100% and makes my box unusable.

I think we both agree that whatever uses OSS, PA should not eat all the
CPU, right?

> Lennart

Regards,
Christoph