Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 17:15 -0700, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> A compromise works best if both parties are on board.  I don't believe
> that the desktop guys will object to the package existing and being
> installable if people want.  No CLI needed since we have GUI install
> tools.  The objection is with the mandate for it to be installed by
> default on the desktop live/install spins.

See, the Desktop team has no say in whether or not a graphical mixer is
available in Fedora.  The middle ground between reverting the mixer
feature all together and leaving at is it is having a graphical mixer
installed by default available in the menus.  That was the compromise.
If the Desktop team really feels like this wasn't a compromise and it
was something mandated and forced, they can raise it to the board level
if they wish.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!