FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Apr 25 00:48:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 17:15 -0700, Christopher Aillon wrote:

> A compromise works best if both parties are on board.  I don't believe
> that the desktop guys will object to the package existing and being
> installable if people want.  No CLI needed since we have GUI install
> tools.  The objection is with the mandate for it to be installed by
> default on the desktop live/install spins.

*All* parties agreed on the compromise during the meeting, including
those speaking on behalf of the desktop group. Approximate quote (since
I'm on my laptop and don't have the IRC log handy): "I gave you that if
it's what's needed to make this issue go away". Not everyone has to be
100% happy with a compromise (not everyone on the other side of the
fence is 100% happy with it either), it just has to be agreed.
--
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
Red Hat