FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Apr 27 00:18:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:37:57 -0700
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 13:24 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
...snip...
> > So again, I propose adding gnome-alsamixer to the %packages in
> > Installation DVD kickstart, and leave the Desktop Live CD as-is.
...snip...
> and the problem came up at least five separate times across this list
> and fedora-test-list too. There are clearly many many people who
> *need* access to this functionality. It's not just bit-twiddlers.

I would like to add that I have seen this in #fedora a good deal as
well of late. Our pulseaudio fixes page is consistently in the top 5
links used every week on the channel.

I would hope that having something in the menus to work around this
would reduce support burden, and end use frustration.

Also, we often tell folks to try out the live cd, the live cd is what
is given away at events, etc. So I think this is something that many
people will use/see on first install.

kevin