Abandon "Default Desktop"

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 21:53:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Martin Sourada
<martin.sourada at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 15:53 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> We could make odd releases with Gnome default and even releases KDE
>> default. That way, we can get a better distributed feedback. Right
>> now, I believe that there are more Gnome users out there just because
>> it is the default. New users don't mess with the defaults.
>>
>> Just an idea.
>> Orcan
>>
> That springs out a question out of curiosity - how many people are
> actually using the DVD releases compared to our Live Spins?

Every thing promotes Gnome as the blessed default, so it's more than
the DVD that is at issue.

One of the reasons i stopped using the DVD was because of how
troublesome it is to not get Gnome.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )