RFE: Makefile.common patch to error out when no spec is present

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 22:23:25 UTC 2009

On 04/27/2009 03:07 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Monday 27 April 2009 04:54:56 pm Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:15:27 +0200
>> Karsten Hopp<karsten at redhat.com>  wrote:
>>
>> ...snip...
>>
>>> This should fix builds from a single-distribution CVS tree which you
>>> can check out p.e. with 'cvs co F-11'. This broke one year ago with
>>> Makefile.common cvs release 1.95 as those changes didn't consider the
>>> different directory layout for the single-distribution CVS tree (p.e.
>>> it is .../vim/F-11 for the complete checkout but .../F-11/vim when
>>> you check out just one single distribution)
>> Hum. I can't do a 'cvs co F-11' anymore... how do you get that part
>> working?
>>
>> (I thought we broke that in trying to make the cvs modules file scale
>> to the number of packages we have).
>
> we disabled vhecking out  release modules, it was causing a huge slowdown in
> cvs actions.  you can check out devel still i think but that is all.

I think checking out release modules still needs to be possible.  If
that means we need to use a read-only mirror to facilitate this, I'd be
okay with it, but not being able to check out a tree is a pretty bad
regression that I just ran into.  For the record, it would make doing
moz security updates much more scriptable as I don't need to rely on
people telling me when their packages need to be added/dropped to the
auto rebuilds.