Things to do this week instead of arguing about mixers

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Apr 28 15:42:17 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Things to do this week instead of arguing about mixers
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
Date: 04/28/2009 10:36 AM

> on my xfs root systems I still have hundreds of extents for this file.
> Do you have xfs_fsr in a cron job?
>
> -Eric

I do not have xfs_fsr in a cron job, however, I did run it for the first
time ever on this system several months ago. Before I ran xfs_fsr I did
an xfs_db -r /mnt/point[1] and ran "frag" and it reported less than 1%
fragmentation. Something like 0.3%. I guess that could influence my
fragmentation report, but I have been keeping up to date on F10 and it's
run at least 50 package updates since then - plus I'm
installing/uninstalling custom packages while I type this e-mail.

[1]
$ df -h
/dev/sda5             105G   62G   43G  60% /