X becomes non-responsive after a while when running f11 preview inside a VM (F10 host)

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 06:40:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been experiencing the following issue with rawhide and now f11
preview for a good while. Namely, after some time from login, the
desktop will stop responding in a really strange way:
- windows already present on the desktop will keep refreshing their contents
- cursor will continue to move
- it is no longer possible to move windows around or start new applications
- it is possible to switch consoles
Restarting the X helps, at least for a short while. I was not able to
find anything useful in the logs. Is there a way I can figure out what
the hell is going on so that I could submit a meaningful bug report?

Thanks,
Julian