FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 22:55:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 22:12 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> <snip>
> </snip>
> > On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 20:01 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> >

> > You can't move the goalposts about. If the rule is changing things after
> > preview is a really significant deal, then there shouldn't be that level
> > of changes actually happening.
> >

> Hum...
>
> Afaik I know the final freeze was "Tue 2009-04-14"
>
> This meeting was held 10 day's later..
>
> And as is mentioned in final freeze policy
>
> " The purpose of the final freeze is to prevent changes while the
> release is prepared"
>
> I would categories this as an significant change.
>
> "As of the final freeze for a release, no new builds are allowed for
> packages already in the Fedora collection
> (new packages can still be reviewed, added in CVS and built as potential
> updates)"
>
> And I would think that the other application would have to follow the
> above procedure and be built as potential update.
>
> I must be misunderstanding something which is not the first time nor the
> last :(

Well, as I said, just look at what actually happens. The policy is
clearly not honored. Look back at the rawhide compose reports since
2009-04-14, and see the changes yourself.

It's a bit hard to cite this policy as an objection to just *one*
change, while hundreds of other fly by unchallenged.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey