KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 11:18:40 UTC 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 10:42:35 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 08/07/2009 01:35 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> >> The other problem is if you'd like stable updates but you prefer KDE, or
> >> vice versa =)
> >
> > Why do you expect that updating to the latest KDE means unstable system?
> > ;-)
>
> As already explained, stable in the sense of things that work the same
> (No big UI changes etc). We are not talking about robustness here
> although new updates has the potential to cause issues there as well.

But that means Fedora is totally unstable - as we're forcing users every year
to survive much more bigger changes. Fedora is really very inconsistent
between releases. This is case where continual updates can avoid it.

Maybe we're lacking some vision farther then +1 release, not only in Fedora,
but in all OSS projects...

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>