Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 15:07:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 06:47:55AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 06:55 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
>> We have a Feature process now, and while I'm not a huge fan of process,
>> this one is run very well by the Feature Wrangler.  It treats them all the
>> same, they have to all follow the same criteria regardless of how 'obvious'
>> some of the decisions are.
>
>...except I pointed out that we do version bumps of everything in the
>distro from one release to the next (more or less), but only a couple of
>them are flagged up as features. To which it was replied that this was
>primarily for PR purposes. To which I objected that it was silly to
>attach this kind of bureaucracy to something which was only happening
>for PR reasons.

What does any of that have to do with the email I replied to?  You said it
was silly to have a meeting to follow through with the process when everyone
knew what the result would be, and I replied why we do that.  Now you circle
back on some other thing?

I'm pretty sure you're just arguing for arguing's sake now so I'll just bow
out and stop wasting my time.

josh