Confusion with openal-soft

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 17 10:24:35 UTC 2009

Am Montag, den 17.08.2009, 15:24 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 08/17/2009 03:22 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>

> > Then you should also know that a buildroot overwrite for the other
> > branches has been requested as well, so a simple rebuild should fix
> > everything for those maintainers, who want to switch to openal-soft.
>
> The rebuild is *unnecessary*.

It's on the maintainers (but not on you) to decide whether the rebuild
is unnecessary or not. I know there are a couple of people who want to
rebuild against openal-soft. In fact, Thomas was asked to push it to
F-10 and F-11 because a package needs it to fix a crasher bug.

> The obsolete was added *incorrectly* for
> the stable branches and has been fixed now. Read the bug report I
> referenced in the original mail before replying.

I *did* read it. I just wanted to answer back to you incorrect statement
that it was broken and there was "no way for the package maintainers to
fix it".

> Rahul

Regards,
Christoph