gwenview - Re: Orphaning packages

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Aug 26 12:46:17 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> The problem with kdebase-workspace (and kdm) is not disk space.
> Installing the kdebase-workspace package enables KDE X sessions for users.

Well, KDM isn't what adds the KDE session type, kdebase-workspace is. KDM
can only be enabled by the admin. That said, kdebase-workspace will also not
require kdm in F12. We just had to keep this dependency when we split out
kdm in F10 and F11 for upgrade path reasons.

I'd argue enabling KDE sessions for users on a multi-user system is a good
thing. ;-)

        Kevin Kofler