An easy way to redefine configure?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 22:08:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 15:58 +0300, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 14:47 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Jussi Lehtola <jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org> writes:
> >
> > > So far I've tried
> > >
> > > %global dconfigure %(echo "%{configure}" | sed
> > > 's|./configure|../configure|g')
> >
> > Since %configure expands to a text containing double quotes this gets
> > the quoting wrong.  Using single quotes work here (albeit still not
> > general enough):
> >
> > %global dconfigure %(printf %%s '%configure' | sed 's!\./configure!../configure!g')
>
> Thanks, this was what I was looking for.

I feel like I've mentioned this before, but just in case...in Mandriva,
the configure location is not hard-coded but is an environment variable
(CONFIGURE_TOP) with a default value of ./configure . If you need to run
configure from a different location, you just redefine CONFIGURE_TOP in
the spec file. I've found that useful in two builds, myself.

I think the last time this came up, someone liked the idea but suggested
a better implementation, and then the thread just died...

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey