Review

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 5 17:53:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 12:17 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> JL> (I'm not very sure, however, about the current policy of wanting
> JL> sponsors to review first packages. IMHO anyone should be able to
> JL> review them, just as long as a sponsor goes through them and some
> JL> inofficial reviews by the submitter. It's less work for the sponsor
> JL> that way :D)
>
> Anyone can review anything, sponsor, sponsored, or not a packager at
> all.  The difference is who can approve a package and sponsor
> contributors.
>
> It is certainly quite reasonable for a non-sponsor to review that
> package and get it into shape so that a sponsor can come along, double
> check, and click the various buttons.

That's what I think, too, but
 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#Get_Sponsored
thinks otherwise:
"First reviews for new packagers must be done by registered sponsors.
Informal reviews can be done by anyone interested."

Maybe that note should be removed?
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor