rt2860 driver (fc11)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 08:23:36 UTC 2009

>> I was hoping that the devs who worked hard to even make it part of the source rpm might be lurking on this mailing list and see my post :)
>
> I don't think anything special is done to make it part of our
> kernel .src.rpm, it's just in there because it's in the upstream kernel
> tarball :). I don't _think_ any of the Fedora kernel devs will jump to
> fix this driver. But hey, I'm happy if I'm wrong, I have an rt2860-based
> card and it'd be nice not to have to rely on an out-of-tree,
> not-in-Fedora driver! I'm almost sure you'd do better to contact lkml or
> one of the main committers directly, though.
>
> Actually, now I look at it, it appears the driver is developed as part
> of the serialmonkey project:
>
> http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>
> which has links in the blue bar at the top for 'lists' and 'forum'.
> Those sound like good places to poke.

Good luck with that! This driver has been in the process of being
re-written for well over a year, I've long given up hope. Its
unfortunate as its in alot of netbooks including all the atom based
eeePCs. Fortunately rpmfusion has one that works reasonably well (it
even suspends and resumes!) appart from spewing massive amount of
debug into /var/log/messages (if left on about half a gig a day).

Peter