Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 14:02:30 UTC 2009

Bastien Nocera said the following on 08/05/2009 04:56 PM Pacific Time:
> On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 15:15 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> Hi FESCo,
>>
>> After requesting status updates, including direct email to the feature
>> owners, the following feature pages do not have a current status or
>> their ability to tested during the Alpha is unclear based on the lack of
>> information provided or percentage of completion.
> <snip>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome2.28
> <snip>
>
> Feature will obviously be done on time. The feature process doesn't seem
> so forgiving about things happening upstream rather than downstream...

The feature process can be very forgiving when there is *information* on
the feature page about how "testable" a particular feature is or further
information what is left to be done past feature freeze.

I don't currently have the ability to know what every upstream project
is doing or know what every developer plans to do "real soon now" ;-)
Thus it helps to add it to the feature page :)

As a result my goal is to treat every feature page equally, using the
information that has been provided on each page, in light of the feature
process that everyone has agreed on.  As always, the feature process is
not written in stone and if there are ways the current process should be
amended or changed I'm sure FESCo would be open to constructive
suggestions to changing it and making it better.

John