Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 17:37:00 UTC 2009

> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 00:56 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> > I'll make sure one of the Desktop-y guys updates this (presumably
> > Matthias).
> >

> I've updated it recently and bumped it to 75%. It would seem
> disingenuous to bump it to 100% when GNOME 2.28 has not been released
> yet.
>
> It is fine for the feature wrangler to propose it for removal. But I
> certainly hope that Fesco will not only look at pretty meaningless
> percentages, but at precedents and schedule alignments.

I think the correct question here is why has a perfectly routine version
bump for components included in Fedora been submitted as a 'feature'? If
GNOME 2.28 is a feature, isn't KDE 4.3 a feature (oh, I see it is too,
lovely...), kernel 2.6.31 a feature...every new version of everything in
the distro a feature? What benefit does applying the feature process to
a routine update like this bring, to offset its clear inconsistency?

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey