KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 18:35:05 UTC 2009

> I definitely see what you're saying, and yeah, perhaps an issue is
> that
> we don't have enough of a separate identity for the separate spins. We
> don't have Kedora and Gedora (or Dedora, if you like ;>), we have
> Fedora...but still, there's enough updates pushed even in packages in
> the Desktop spin which wouldn't go through in a more conventionally
> defined update process (ask yourself if RHEL would ship 'em :>).

That's not a useful argument.  There is a huge difference between what
RHEL would ship, and a conservative bugfix update.  RHEL typically
requires a paying customer contacting support about an issue, escalation
from there, 3 levels of ACK/NACK decisions, and finally gobs of QA on a
package before it ever goes out.  Vastly different than what we do in
Fedora, even for conservative updates.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!