Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 19:24:14 UTC 2009

> Again, that applies to _everything in the distro_. I don't think 'it's a
> new version' can be a feature. If we identify something particular
> within the GNOME or KDE package set which is a significant enough change
> to qualify as a Fedora feature, fine, submit it as such. But just
> declaring the entire version upgrade to be a feature seems a bit weird
> to me.

And not declaring, testing, and coordinating version updates of key sets
of software such as Gnome and KDE also seems weird to me.  Listing the
included versions of these desktops is a time honored tradition for
Linux distros, without which the constant questions are "what version of
$foo does it include?".

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!