tcl / tk without threads??!!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Aug 8 02:56:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 23:07 -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> Has someone tested eggdrop with a recent version of tcl compiled with
> threads?
> Maybe the problem has gone. I tested with Ubuntu and it worked.
> Therefore,
> they should be using threads in tcl.

I posted a reply with a link to a rather more important problem that
happens if you enable threading. That in turn links to an upstream
discussion of the pros and cons, which recommended shipping both
threaded and non-threaded packages, but if that was considered too much
of a burden, seemed to think non-threaded was better. Please read it.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey