No sound in rawhide

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Aug 9 20:13:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 21:24 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:11:58 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote
>
> > No, we wouldn't consider it blocking the Alpha per the criteria (we
> > consider only bugs that break the critical path - booting into X,
> > getting a network connection and updating the system - as blockers for
> > the Alpha, pretty much).
>
> One may argue that being unable to control network manager (because the
> icon does not show up) counts as not being able to get a network connection,
> but that's not my decision.

That's a reasonable position (although there is a workaround). The
blocker decisions are taken by releng plus qa plus anyone else who wants
to show up. We have been announcing all the meetings here and
encouraging people to come out and propose bugs which are not currently
on the list :)

The last blocker review meeting has passed already, but there is a final
Alpha go/no-go meeting on Monday, you could certainly come and raise
your concern there. My inkling is that we probably would not hold the
Alpha solely for this issue (it doesn't appear it will be fixed until
some time this week when the maintainer's back from vacation), but it's
certainly worth asking.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey