Consistent PolicyKit system policy

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 13:08:16 UTC 2009

When defining a new policy mechanism for PolicyKit, what are the "rules"
for setting the default policy?  PolicyKit's flexibility is excellent,
but it means that we have to choose sensible and consistent defaults for
each application that uses it.

I ask because the default policy for cups-pk-helper is to require the
root password, and not to remember it even for that session.

What is the goal of the default Fedora PolicyKit policy system-wide, and
how can we check that PolicyKit mechanisms' default policies are
adhering to it?

For example, what should the default Fedora policy be for locally
connected peripherals?

Tim.
*/