Isue on building blender agains system ftgl library

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:52:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Jochen Schmitt<Jochen at herr-schmitt.de> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have got the following error message:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
> build/linux2/lib/libbf_ftfont.a(FTF_TTFont.o): In function
> `FTF_TTFont::GetBoundingBox(char*, float*, float*, float*, float*,
> float*, float*, unsigned int)':
> /home/s4504kr/cvs/fedora/blender/devel/blender-2.49a/source/blender/ftfont/intern/FTF_TTFont.cpp:381:
> undefined reference to `FTFont::BBox(wchar_t const*, float&, float&,
> float&, float&, float&, float&)'

The build log shows that the object files were all compiled in 64-bit
mode.  This message (and the others following it in the build log) are
complaints about trying to link 32-bit libraries against the 64-bit
object files.  This is because the link line for
build/linux2/bin/blender includes "-L/usr/lib".  (It also includes
"-L/usr/lib64", twice, which is unnecessary.)
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/