Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Aug 10 15:17:44 UTC 2009

On 08/07/2009 02:54 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Pointing it out on a review and restoring to calling the
> packages bad quality if people don't follow your controversial
> recommendation isn't going to scale at all.

This is a good perspective, Ralf.  Putting the same energy into
individual reviews won't have as amplified an impact as convincing the
packaging committee of problems.

I understand the theoretical value of a deterministic package build -
I'm not aware of specific examples of where non-determinism has caused
problems in Fedora, though I can imagine some.  Gathering evidence of
breakage may cause a change of opinion.  Having a practical alternative
is probably required as well.

-Bill

P.S. I support your position to not review packages you find morally
offensive.  Fedora itself is a moral stance (on Free software), and as
such should not ask its members to behave in a personally unethical manner.

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Telephone: +1.603.448.4440
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle