source file audit - 2009-08-10

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Aug 10 17:15:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:07:46 +0200
Patrick MONNERAT <pm at datasphere.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 10:15 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> Many thanks Kevin for your report.

No problem.

> > monnerat:BADURL:hkit-v0.5.tgz:php-hkit
>
> I confirm the URL is OK:
>
> Version:        0.5
> Source0:        http://hkit.googlecode.com/files/hkit-v%{version}.tgz
>
> --> Effective URL: http://hkit.googlecode.com/files/hkit-v0.5.tgz
>
> Still valid and downloadable.
>
> I thus suppose the server was not accessible at script run time.

Yeah, it seems so somehow.

> Why not updating the script to log the exact failure reason and/or
> retry transient connection failures after some delay? This would help
> everyone finding the real problem, and limit the amount of false
> negatives and overall line count growth you "complain" about :-)

Yes, it does log each download, I just haven't put those files up. ;)
I suppose I could so people could check them...

In this case:

--16:54:18--  http://hkit.googlecode.com/files/hkit-v0.5.tgz
Resolving hkit.googlecode.com... 209.85.225.82
Connecting to hkit.googlecode.com|209.85.225.82|:80... connected.
16:54:19 ERROR 404: Not Found.

So, possibly a issue on googlecode having a outage?

> Regards,
> Patrick

kevin