Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Aug 10 19:01:50 UTC 2009

On 08/10/2009 11:44 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> They are very easy to demonstrate. Commonly known cases are building
> gcc, binutils, gdb, firefox etc.

Are these of the sort where a bug is reported, it's found that autotools
made a bad decision, and then patching autotools fixed the problem?  I'd
like to read through such a bug report to learn more, if you can think
of one easily.

> Other cases are pretty easy to find. Actually, probably almost any
> non-trivial, complex package has such issues.

I don't _seem_ to have trouble rebuilding SRPM's (including some of the
above cited) that I see are running autoconf.  I'm curious to understand
why or what I'm missing.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Telephone: +1.603.448.4440
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle