Review: Fedora 12 Alpha Release Notes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 15:13:47 UTC 2009

> On 08/11/2009 01:49 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 20:38 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Wit the Fedora 12 Alpha release coming up shortly, now would be a good
> >> time to review the release notes. Make sure the major features are
> >> covered, import bugs and workarounds noted etc
> >>
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Alpha_release_notes
> >
> > I'd actually prefer to keep bugs and workarounds noted in the Common
> > Bugs page now, if that's OK with you. My plan since re-working the
> > Common Bugs page for F11 has been to have the F12 page start with the
> > Alpha release, and cover pre-release issues right up until the final
> > release, then switch to covering final release issues. I'll try and put
> > a bare-bones page framework up soon.
>
> Users won't necessarily click on another link usually just to read about
> bug reports and this has a higher chance of them not noticing. It is
> your decision however.

On the other hand, as discussed in the docs list, we're trying to keep
release notes pages short this release on the off-chance someone will
actually read them :). My intention is really to have the Common Bugs
page become an 'obvious' destination (one that people get used to
looking at) in its own right, which is where I got to with the Errata
page in Mandriva.

So far the F11 Common Bugs page has been visited 57,000 times, so it's
obviously getting around :). The F10 page has just over 40k hits, and
obviously it's had a six month head start. So we're getting somewhere
with that.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey