Updates lacking descriptions

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 10:18:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 11:17 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> With you folks demanding more explicit changelogs you are rudestly
> pushing around package maintainers and force them to waste time to
> fullfill your solely burecratic demands.

This is hardly being demanding, rude, bullying or bureaucratic:

  "These are not intended to be prescriptive rules. Package maintainers
   are expected to to exercise their own common sense and good
   judgement."

The guidelines tries to explain to maintainers why their users would
benefit better update descriptions and what kind of information makes a
better update description.

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_guidelines

As with anything, I'm sure they could be improved with constructive
suggestions.

Cheers,
Mark.