Updates lacking descriptions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 13 11:01:04 UTC 2009

On 08/13/2009 04:24 PM, Pierre-Yves wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 16:12 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 08/13/2009 03:42 PM, Pierre-Yves wrote:
>>
>>> People who wants to write an extensive changelog will and people who
>>> don't want won't.
>>
>> Quality doesn't come from letting everybody do whatever they want.
> Then I'm curious about:
> 1- How do you want to make this mandatory rather than advised ?
> 2- How are you going to check it ?
> 3- How do you cover cases where there are no changelog upstream ?
>  :-)

I am hoping we don't need to make it mandatory but rather help
maintainers understand that it is useful. If it needs to be mandatory,
it can be part of the rel-eng sign off process. Bodhi can remind people
to fill in the information as well.

In cases, where there is no changelog, why are you pushing the update
into stable releases without even understanding what has changed? If
there is a reason you are doing, stating the reason in the bodhi update
information is enough.

Rahul