Updates lacking descriptions

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:44:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Mathieu Bridon
(bochecha)<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Being a group of volunteers doesn't mean we shouldn't aim for more quality.

Ah..but project wide..is this place to have a quality enhancement
discussion currently? Let me try to put this into perspective. This
post started about 4 updates. How many updates have we pushed? What is
our defect rate? Like 1% or something?  What's are defect rate
associated with packaging generally? Aren't we seeing more packaging
defects than update text defects? And if so, shouldn't we
concentrating on packaging defect prevention until the defect rate
drops below the defect rate in update texts?

It's nice to talk about a zero defect goal...but enforcing that goal
with policy enforcement is a rabbit hole requiring infinite resources.
Doubly so because there is clearly an interpretation factor here as to
what is too much or too little detail to be included.

-jef