Empathy default in F12?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:14:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Bastien Nocera<bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 18:02 -0400, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> <snip>
>> But since other people may not care about that (i.e. Empathy
>> developers mock people who want confidentiality, i.e.
>> http://resiak.livejournal.com/60614.html ),  I thought I'd see if I
>> had any other concerns.
>
> Given that this was an April's Fool, I don't really see what the problem
> is here...
>
> You'll have to find another source to prove that the upstream don't
> actually care about OTR support.

Do I? It was an aside. It is indisputable that the functionality does
not currently exist, and is not planned.

The official FAQ[1] states that they only intend to support
protocol-native encryption. This position neglects the large base of
users that have no interest in switching IM networks and who are
completely satisfied by auto-negotiating overlay encryption.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Empathy/FAQ#head-a0dc4ab0af32e3bc3a350974a791764b8fb35c39