Empathy default in F12?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 22:46:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Mathieu Bridon
(bochecha)<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> I understand the urge to ship empathy because it's included in gnome
>> -- but let's be honest: if the two clients were judged side-by-side
>> and rated, there's not a chance in hell empathy would win. : )
>
> ... and yet some of us definitely prefer it to Pidgin. :)
>
> I'm not sure the default apps should be chosen by popularity. Each
> spin is produced by a team. This team has a vision of what they want
> their spin to be like, and they choose the default apps according to
> this vision. If you want to participate in the choice of the default
[snip]

I don't think anyone is calling for a vote here. (Though if there were
one… I think the outcome would be obvious).

The kind of non-trivial feature gaps that have been raised are exactly
the sort of criteria which should influence in a decision, regardless
of popularity.

Vision is grand. I hope that software which meets peoples needs, and
software which protects people's confidentiality is part of the shared
fedora vision.