yum-presto plugin by default

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:17:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Jesse Keating<jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> The hit on slow disks is pretty bad too, even non-slow disks.  With a
> local mirror the time to re-make the deltas is far longer than the time
> to just pull down the entire packages.

Time isn't the only metric...people may also be concerned about
metered bandwidth. CPU overchurn we can limit via process
priority..but finding a heuristic to determine what "too slow" means
when it comes to disk io versus bandwidth is probably something we
can't do.

-jef"speaking of metered bandwidth..I need to remember to work from
barnes and nobles instead of working from home this winter..so i can
steal power, wireless and a nice warm fire"spaleta