Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:57:02 UTC 2009

Hi Spot,

>>> After requesting status updates, including direct email to the feature

>> I'm the maintainer of this. I think its very much in a similar
>> category to gnome/kde. The only difference is there is some packages
>> still awaiting review, about 2 that are actually critical, but moblin
>> 2 like gnome etc are still in there development phase so its a moving
>> target.
>
> I'm concerned about FESCo's decision to drop this feature for Fedora 12.
> The more that I think about this, the more I agree with what Peter has
> written above. I think that Moblin support in Fedora is something that
> is useful to a wide audience of users, and that Peter has made every
> effort to address the concerns raised by FESCo. I do not think it is
> necessary for a spin to be made available to consider this a noteworthy
> feature.
>
> I've asked FESCo to reconsider the Moblin feature at their meeting on
> Friday, and I hope they will reconsider their decision.

Thanks for the support.

I've since moved my plan to do a remix for F-12 instead and reconsider
it again for F-13. The core of moblin would still be in Fedora anyway
for people to install as they see fit and the advantage of the respin
is that I can patch up xulrunner and hence include a working browser.
Either way I'm just continuing on working towards it to see where I
can get to. Its still somewhat of a moving target  as they've just
split out one of the packages into a number of smaller ones.

Peter