Upstream tarball splitted into two tarballs

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org
Thu Aug 20 22:33:06 UTC 2009

Since ipe-6.0pre32, the tool ipe5toxml is released as a separate tarball,
upstream,  whereas is was previously shipped in the ipe tarball (as in
ipe-6.0pre30).

I have updated Rawhide's ipe to 6.0pre32, but I do not know what to do with
that tool that disappeared from the tarball.

Should I:
  - make the ipe package have two sources tarball, instead of one, and tweak
the %prep/%build/%install parts?
  - or package ipe5toxml into a new separate package (with its own src.rpm)?

In the latter case, should ipe5toxml have
  Obsoletes: ipe<6.0-0.30.pre30?
without Provides?

I have not found that case in the packaging guidelines. I hope I have searched
correctly.

--
Laurent Rineau
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LaurentRineau