Broken dependencies in Fedora 11 - 2009-08-20

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 21 18:13:34 UTC 2009

drago01 wrote:
> Sorry but the fail here is 100% on bodhi's side , why does a single
> package obsolete a complete group update?
> That is just broken, and this example clearly showed it.

It's broken (we've had some fun with that with the KDE grouped updates too,
we learned to be careful about what we push when), but a maintainer should
know how to use our tools, which includes being aware of their limitations.
Double-checking things both before and after filing an update (e.g. checking
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/thepackageyoureabouttopushanupdatefor
before filing the new update request) definitely can't hurt (I always do
that), and it will help avoiding issues you don't even know about, or at
least catching them earlier than 2 months after the fact (as happened here).

        Kevin Kofler