fedora-pkgdb: make it discoverable on browser home page?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 17:26:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 18:56 +0200, drago01 wrote:

> Yeah looks good but I would rather not show screenshots in this view
> (or atleast not different sized ones).
> A short description + icon should be enough.
> Have a "show more" link that contains a longer description +
> screenshots and a "Install Now" link.
> Pretty much like it is done in Apples Appstore

Yeah, appstore is the right angle for this...

> > This obviously needs the helping hand of a web designer.
> >
> > For F12, this would probably be not much more than a static web page.
>
> Static? Doesn't scale (unless you would want to do it just for specific apps)

My initial idea was to make this a 'top 10 apps', ie be selective,
instead of trying to be all-inclusive and make the user scroll through
dozens of pages with niche apps...

> > Rating and similar ideas described in
> > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ApplicationInstaller will
> > come later.
>
> mockup links are dead.

Unfortunately, yeah. I noticed that too. Not sure if I can do anything
about that, though.