dhclient and dhcp update require restart?

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 02:59:52 UTC 2009

Hi, something that bothers me a bit... More and more system restart
requests with each update (even if one doesn't use the package at the time).

Is this necessary for dhclient and dhcp update packages to require restart?
Wouldn't "service network restart" and "service dhcpd restart" in the
install/upgrade
scripts do the trick (after checking that the service is actually running)?
Ssh used to do that since, well, as far as I remember.

Cheers,
Dariusz