Page size pain / localisation / possible F13 feature

Alex Hudson fedora at alexhudson.com
Thu Aug 27 18:18:46 UTC 2009

On 27/08/09 18:40, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 08/27/2009 12:11 PM, John J. McDonough wrote:
>
>> Do we even have an inventory of places where page size matters?  And
>> then, are those that "get it right" actually using some standard source,
>> or do they simply use a different default?
>>
> A great first step would be to go make a list of the applications
> included on the Desktop spin that support printing, and identify how it
> configures its settings. That data might make it clear what the "system
> default" should be, and efforts could then be made to patch the other
> applications to use it.

I think that's a brilliant idea.

I'll undertake to do this in the next couple of weeks - I'll work on the
F12 set first, because obviously that's going to be very similar to F13
anyway.

Am I ok to re-activate the localisation feature for F13, or should I be
starting a new feature for this?

Thanks

Alex.