dhclient and dhcp update require restart?

Christof Damian christof at damian.net
Fri Aug 28 07:36:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 22:54, Matthew
Woehlke<mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
>>
>> Hi, something that bothers me a bit... More and more system restart
>> requests with each update (even if one doesn't use the package at the time).
>
> This is a real shame. One of the selling points of Linux is that you *don't*
> need to reboot for every little upgrade (unlike a certain other OS I shan't
> name).

I also have the feeling that the reboot messages are getting a little
bit out of hand recently.

This might be because of the stickiness of these flag, but it also
might be used more now than before. Except of kernel updates none of
these should really be necessary.

Is there any way to get some statistics out of the update system how
many package updates require a reboot per day ?

Christof