Firefox addon for Fedora-pkgdb search

Milos Jakubicek xjakub at fi.muni.cz
Fri Aug 28 23:04:23 UTC 2009

Dne 28.8.2009 23:33, Adam Miller napsal(a):
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Milos Jakubicek<xjakub at fi.muni.cz>  wrote:
> <snip>
>> I'm very very sorry for this as I'm sure that I've partially invalidated
>> my/your/both work, which is just bad:(
>>
>> Could you try to merge my and your work somehow? I'd be glad if you would do
>> this and keep an eye of this feature so that it will land on pkgdb's pages
>> sooner or later.
> <snip>
>
> I honestly don't see how I can merge the two its just a little xml
> file and ours are actually using different versions of the OpenSearch
> spec and I'm using pkgdb's search function while you're using the
> suggest function (granted I don't know what those two do on the back
> end so it might be the same).

Well, imo the point is that we should try to enable the users to get to
the desired package info page (from which they can access
builds/updates/sources/bugs) in shortest possible time, therefore I've
implemented the suggestions (which, if running on a reliable box,
provide an instant way how to ensure one type the package name
properly). Otherwise, as I described: entering a nonexisting package
results into search, otherwise you'll get to the package page in pkgdb.

Regards,
Milos