another spin of TeX Live 2009 packages

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Aug 31 11:48:51 UTC 2009

Hello,

I haven't followed closely the new packaging of texlive, so you should
take my comments with caution...

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 01:15:21PM +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:

> The new packages obsolete the ancient tetex stuff:
> tetex-tex4ht

I think that the stand-alone tex4ht could be better than the texlive one.
It was updated many time a year in the past (but it may change).

> tetex-elvevier

In the past, the version in CTAN of this package used to lag a lot. I'd
still advise taking the files from the web, especially since there is also
the old style in the stand-alone package.

> and these utilities:
> dvipdfm
> dvipdfmx
> dvipng
> xdvi
> xdvipdfmx

Haven't some of those an upstream different from texlive?

--
Pat