Canon PIXMA MP190 drivers

Louis Lagendijk louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 31 16:11:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 20:51 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Yes I know I should had done my research before buying, but wasn't sure
> was gonna get it when I was at the store.  Anyway, got this printer,
> plugged it in, was detected but said no drivers for it.  Any plans on
> it, or way I can submit info from the CD to get them in?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Chambers

Please see http://www.openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi
It lists only the vendors own driver. You may want to try other Canon
models supported by Gutenprint. There is a fair chance one of them works
(e.g. the MP150). Scanning is supported by Sane (see
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON)

Louis