Proposed F13 feature: drop separate updates repository

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Dec 3 09:29:45 UTC 2009

Le Mer 2 décembre 2009 23:56, Matt Domsch a écrit :

> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 07:35:03PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> 3. replace static mirrors with proxy-ing of kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org
>> (make sure it works with web infrastructure instead of fighting it)
>
> Sorry, I don't understand this.  Can you elaborate?  That would help
> me scope the impact to MirrorManager.

Right now the same package moves from master URL to master URL as it is pushed
from testing to updates to GA to whatever. That means the same package gets
downloaded many times over because it changed URL (and browsers, proxies, etc
understand new url = new file)

My proposal is to never move a package, put it in a single unchanging place
after a koji build, and just index it or not in the relevant repodata when it
gets promoted or demoted.

--
Nicolas Mailhot