v4l applications

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 12:40:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <
dominik at greysector.net> wrote:

> On Sunday, 06 December 2009 at 10:36, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <
> > dominik at greysector.net> wrote:

> interface).

> > > created
> > >
> > > I'm the maintainer of gnomeradio, but I haven't used it for a while
> because
> > > I'm away from my desktop PC, which has an analog tv/radio tuner card.
> > > Would you be interested in co-maintaining gnomeradio?
> > >

> > Sure. There are very few radio applications around, and they are kind of
> > unmaintained upstream. I made a review request yesterday with a patched
> > gqradio for working with v4l2.
> >
> > gnomeradio just needs best defaults for v4l2 and a script for having
> sound
> > using sox, because it never recognized the mixer channels of my card:
> >
> > http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/src/gnomeradio-1.8-4.fc12.src.rpm
> >
> > kradio4 works fine with v4l2 and fmtools is bkoken.
>
> It would've been easier for me if you had just posted a patch for the
> specfile
> along with the patch you wanted to apply to the source.
>
> Anyway, I had a look at it and I don't like it. You're hardcoding the
> driver
> to v4l2. I think it'd be better to simply make the autodetection try v4l2
> first. Also, is it necessary to change "/dev/radio" to "/dev/radio0"?

There is no /dev/radio in Fedora 12 any more. Only /dev/radio0.
But this is up to you, because it can be set using the interface.

> Please try the attached patch and see if it works for you.

It worked just fine, and it is much better indeed. This way, the default
can be "any", and it will work with v4l2.

It is also working in Fedora 10 for me.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti