Help with packaging

Robert Spanton rspanton at zepler.net
Mon Dec 7 00:01:54 UTC 2009

Hi Conrad,

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 19:16 -0800, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> I'm experiencing trouble trying to get one of my packages (sdcc) to build for
> Fedora 12. It builds on Fedora 11 and older (just double-checked in mock). It
> seems to be some sort of change in how RPM uses __os_install_post or how brp-
> strip-static-archive works between F11 and F12. Anyone familiar with any such
> changes?

You might find it useful to have a look at what I'm doing in msp430-libc
with __os_install_post.  I think I was inspired to do this by what was
done in avr-libc.

RPM seems to be one of those things where knowledge is passed on by word
of mouth between generations :-/

Cheers,

Rob

p.s. Sorry for not replying sooner -- I don't read all posts to
fedora-devel, as I would go insane :-P