Help wanted with dist-cvs to git conversion

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 11 13:22:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 14:07, Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak at v3.sk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 11:05 +0100, Thomas Janssen wrote:
>> 2009/12/11 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:
>> > For the initial testing, just giving every user a @feodraproject.org
>> > domain would be sufficient, however we should have a discussion about
>> > whether to use this email address or to use the user's real email
>> > address.
>>
>> Definitely @fedoraproject.org email addresses. A lot of us use them
>> even in Bugzilla, all my packages have the fp.o address in %changelog.
>> I dont want to fiddle around when i change my "real" email address.
>> Just pop in to FAS and change it there, done.
>
> A big -1 for this. Your "A lot" is in fact "a tiny fraction" and for
> some of us an e-mail address is important mean for identifying an user
> ("Oh, this is John Doe of Canonical", ...).

I think no one will ever agree on this particular issue.

Maybe we could add a setting in FAS where each one can decide "I want
to use my personal address" or "I want to use my @fp.o address". Then
when FAS is requested for an email address, it would answer the one
the user chose.

I know adding configuration is almost never a good idea, but in this
case, it might be the only way to avoid endless sterile flamewars. :-/