Why pavucontrol is not installed by default?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 00:40:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 23:22 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > I actually dropped gst-mixer with F12, as we planned all along. So that
> > one's not an option for F12.
>
> Someone could unorphan it, or use the F11 package.
>
> (BTW, I don't see why you retired it as it was clearly still useful to some
> users and it can't hurt to have it in the repository.)

Because I don't see a substantial enough need to keep maintaining it now
gnome-volume-control has most of the features most users need. If
someone wants to maintain it I'm happy to pass it off to them, though
I'd now agree with Lennart and the desktop team that it should not be in
the default installed package sets (comps) any more.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey